Search This Blog

Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Proposal!

i went back to Mumbai after the short trip of 2 days in Chennai. i stayed with Shilpa, one of the aquantances in NID where i studied. she had one more friend and also 2 guys who stayed in the flat in anna nagar.

it was with Shilpa only that i was dropped to the Anand theatre for the international film festival
that happened those times. it was good to be in a known company in an alien place. and her office was also nearby which even helped becos she could go to her office anytime after spending some time in the Anand theatre with me.

Though i was the one who left her on the 2nd day in the theatre to go n meet snu on the second day outside. anyway those memories stayed fresh in my mind when i reached mumbai. i was again back to the place where i had a bit of mental torture from my cousin sister. anyway i had to adjust somehow becos i was excited that i would soon get a project in Chennai to work for and i would be closer to snu.

time passed by... it was august and i could finalise my dip project place to be in Irinjalakuda in Kerala. it was a surprise but also good thing for me becos i was visiting kerala after so many years. i thought it was a good opportunity to go and live there for some months and also do the project peacefully.

by mid-September 2005 i was there. i was constantly in touch with snu thru sms. because we could use a free sms service which was offered thru reliance. we could always send unlimited sms to each other even if it was STD. she continued sending me the forwarded smses and gradually we shifted towards sending personal smses. it was friendly in nature.
we started shedding our inhibitions. started discussion about naughty things via the sms. she had actually cleared some of her doubts through those discussions. she became all the more closer and had lot of possessive nature towards me.

once on a daytime i and snu did a 3-way conference chat with my other chat friend. she was trying to see whether snu was liking me or loving me. thru that discussion atleast i was sure that snu was having a great deal of affection towards me. we had some confused talks on phone. becos even i was not sure whether i would have snu was my girlfriend or not. becos it was kind of out of question for me for marrying her. so i kept denying it in my mind. But somehow my heart wouldnt agree.

so here came October, when i went for another international film festival in Kochi. our one minute film was selected there for screening and i thought it would be a great time for me to meet my relatives in kottayam. So i was in Kochi for one day. That day i attended the screening and was getting bored as there was no one accompanying me thru the journey. i watched some movies in the hall and came out during lunch time. i started calling snu and started chit-chatting with her on phone.

She asked me a question, "now listen carefully and answer me seriously, would u like to have a long term relationship with me? what do u think about it?" i couldnt answer properly. so i asked the question back to her. "what if my answer is 'yes'?"... she said smiling...and happy... "then my answer also would be 'yes' "...
then i asked, "what if my answer is 'no' ?"... she said in a neutral voice.. "then my answer also would be no... " now she thought i was not being serious and was playing around. she said, "oh ho.. say it properly".... i couldnt... then she said, "ok wait for the call in the evening", i would call later"... i said "ok"... we kept the phone!

after that i took lunch in a restaurant and went to the bus station and caught a bus to Kottayam and took a 4 hours journey to Kottayam down south. it was quiet long and tiring journey.

my uncle had come to pick me up. when we were near home, snu had called up. so i called back. she asked me to talk to her sister. i was talking to her for the first time. so i was kind of hesitant. But she directly started questioning me. whether what i have in mind when i think about snu or what do i think about her? i told her that i love her and like her very much. she wanted to here those word from me. then it was confirmed that a relationship had been established and she said u gotto give me a treat for this.
..
well thats how it happened. the first week of October! thats how we proposed! thats how we became lovers from being best friends and friends for about an year. it was all joy and bubbling in my heart that night. couldnt wait to talk to snu after this. she sent me an sms that its one of the happiest days of her life.

No comments: